Author: H S Mukunda Subject: Engineering, Chemistry
(Prices are inclusive of all taxes)
|Imprints||Macmillan Publishers India|
About the Book
This book introduces, the subject of combustion to the general armchair reader. It treats basic aspects and applications in a simple, easy to follow style.
Table of Contents
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- List of Major Symbols
- Why Should One Attempt to Understand Combustion?
- What Do We Burn and Why?
- Chemistry and Stoichiometry
- How Much Heat? How High a Temperature?
- How Does a Reaction Proceed? At What Rate?
- Pre-mixed Flames
- Inflammability, Quenching
- Stability, Extinction and Blow Off of Flames
- Diffusion Flames – Gaseous Burner Flames, Droplet Combustion, Boundary Layer Combustion
- Flames – Pre-mixed or Diffusion
- Combustion in Rocket Motors
- Stoves, Burners, Combustors and their Efficiency
- Fire Spread and Fire Prevention
- Is There More to Understand?
- Further Reading